Hi and welcome to my review site – my name is Kim (born in Denmark 1960).
I assume you are here because you are researching on Indoor Rowing Machines before deciding to buy your own rowing ergometer.
Since 2004 I have been a passionated user of the Concept2 RowErg® – and I would like to help you by providing some useful information about the RowErg®.
(The well known Concept2 Model D and Model E was renamed “RowErg” effective April 2021. The only difference is the new name and machine graphics).
I have built this site and done the research to gather and organize comprehensive and relevant information for you.
The Concept2 RowErg®
The worlds best selling indoor rowing machines
You have probably seen a wide selection of indoor rowing machines for your home, all with different price tags, resistance principles, and build quality.
Perhaps you have also seen that the black Concept2 RowErg® Indoor Rower is the dominating choice in commercial training centers, rowing clubs, and at indoor racing events.
This is for a reason: more than 40 years of development and refinement have given solid proof of trust, quality, and durability.
Additionally, the air resistance technology used by Concept2 ensures a smooth and natural rowing motion.
Improving your health with the RowErg® ergometer
Investing in your health by purchasing a rowing machine for home use is a wise decision. No matter your age or fitness level, it is never too late to make health improvements:
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Improved coordination and balance
- Improved posture
- Increased calorie burn
- Improved aerobic endurance
- Increased muscular power
- Improved joint flexibilit
- Increased muscular definition
- Increased core strength and stability
The black Concept2 RowErg® Rower offers a comprehensive, full-body low impact workout for all fitness levels. Built to last, it is ideal for physical rehabilitation and intense exercise, used by elite athletes.
So GO for it and have fun!
Indoor rower – what is important to you?
I will do my best to give you peace in mind that you make a good choice when deciding to go for the Concept2 RowErg® Indoor Rower:
- The RowErg® fits persons of all sizes, from small to tall.
- Trackable workouts with the PM5 backlit performance monitor (standard battery driven)
- Wireless Connectivity to the PM5 monitor (ANT+ and Bluetooth)
- Easy to move around on caster wheels
- A simple two-part separation for compact storage (no tools required)
- Enjoy a low-noise rowing machine during workouts at home
- Lightweight quality construction – built to last and high reselling price
- Choose between several training app’s (iOS and Android) and software
- Access to free online logbook and online challenges
- Easy regular rower maintenance steps
- Long-term supply of spare parts from Concept2
If you have never tried the RowErg® before, then you should do so. Find Concept2 RowErgs near you while traveling in the US and Canada.
Here you can find a Concept2 RowErg® near your location.
Good customer service from Concept2
For those of you who have already experienced the quality of Concept2’s RowErg, but would like to check out the credentials of the company, I can tell you that Concept2 is a Better Business Bureau® accredited company since 2005.
Their customer support is very responsive and is available to help their users with any product-related issues or questions.
Buy new or second hand RowErg® rowing machine?
If you have decided to go for a RowErg® from Concept2, then your next question is probably should you go for a new or a second-hand model?
The list price for a new one is around 1,220 USD (payment plans are possible), and for a used one it’s a few hundred dollars lower. The relatively high second-hand price is due to its popularity, which is your proof of a safe investment that holds its value.
If you regret your purchase, you can always sell again with minimal loss.
Here are a handful of tips on how to buy a used Concept RowErg® at a crazy low price.
When buying a new Concept2 rowing machine you will get a limited 2-year and 5-year product warranty. The warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners.
All warranties are covered directly by Concept2 – just call 800-245-5676.
Now let us have a look on all the features of the Concept2 RowErg® rowing machine.